How to Get an ED Visa in Chiang Mai
Getting a Thai (Education) ED Visa in Chiang Mai is probably one of the simplest ways to get a visa to stay in Thailand long term and put the question of what Thai visa you should get (or qualify for) to rest.
This of course come with a few caveats. You will need to pay for the privilege and you will still have hoops to jump through. And of course you will need to meet the class attendance requirements of the host educational institution. It’s just nice to knowing that your visa is sorted and it’s just a matter of following the steps laid out in front of you.
One of the other great benefits of switching your Thai Visa to a Chiang Mai ED Visa, is your ability to go from a standard Thai Tourist Visa, Non-B or even a 30 day Visa Exemption to an ED Visa without a problem. And let’s not forget, you get to learn something as well.
What to Know About an ED Visa in Chiang Mai
Anyone thinking about a Thai (Education) ED Visa in Chiang Mai has to ask themselves a few critical questions before embarking down the Thai ED Visa path. The answers to these questions will help you decide whether you want to navigate the system by yourself or wash your hands of the entire frustrating process and instead find a reputable Chiang Mai Visa Service such as SANS to take care of everything for you – from start to finish.
What is the Cost of a Thailand (Education) ED Visa?
On average in 2022 a 1-Year Thai Non-ED Visa will cost anywhere from 30, 000 thb to 60, 000 thb for course fees depending upon the type of course. Additional costs may include 1, 900 thb per mandatory extension of the ED Visa at Chiang Mai Immigration every 3 months.
What Types of Thailand (Education) ED Visa Courses are Available in Chiang Mai ?
ED Visa courses in Chiang Mai, include:
- Thai Language (in-person)
- Thai Language (on-line)
- Body Combat
- Muay Thai
- Thai Massage
How Many Hours Do I Need to Study Each Week to Get an Thailand Non-Ed Visa in Chiang Mai?
Thai Ed Visa Courses in Chiang Mai have a variety of attendance requirements set by the institutions. The most basic requirements for a typical Thailand Education Visa in Chiang Mai are 2 classes per week at approximately 2 hours per class while maintaining an 80% overall attendance record. Individual language or massage schools with a rigorous curriculum may require more study hours per week while other institutions such as body combat have more flexible schedules.
What Do I Need to Qualify for a Education Visa in Thailand?
Anyone can qualify for a Thailand Education Visa in Chiang Mai regardless of age or nationality. The school or institution hosting the course may have their own independent qualifications though. There may also be requirements for some nationalities to only apply for the Thai ED Visa from their home country. If you are concerned your country may be restricted in this way, consult with the host institution, your visa consultant or the local Chiang Mai Immigration Office. The basic requirements for a Education Visa in Thailand include:
- Valid Passport
- Tuition Fee
- Immigration Fee
- Completed School Application
- Completed Chiang Mai Immigration Application
How long Does it Take to Apply for an ED Visa in Chiang Mai?
It takes about 2-3 weeks to receive your Thai Non-ED Visa once the process has started.
Are there any ONLINE Courses that Qualify for a Chiang Mai ED Visa?
Yes. There are ONLINE Thai language courses that offer a Thai Education Visa for students with busy schedules. For more information about getting an Online ED Visa in Chiang Mai for Thai language courses, contact a SANS Chiang Mai Visa Agent for assistance.
How to Get a (Education) ED Visa in Chiang Mai By Yourself
If you plan to live and study in Chiang Mai and want to get a Thai (Education) ED Visa by yourself, here is how you can do it. *Please note: do your homework – if it seems too easy or too good to be true – it probably is!
- Carefully research reputable Thai Courses offering ED Visas in Chiang Mai online
- Contact the school or institution directly for more information
- Complete school or institutional application
- Pay fee directly to school or institution
- Supply supporting details including: passport, travel plans, location of Thai embassy or Immigration Office where you will apply
- Complete and sign the Thai ED Visa Immigration forms
- Apply to Thai Embassy or Immigration Office and pay 1900 thb fee
- Receive stamp for first 3 months of 1-year Education Visa
- Return to Thai Immigration Office every 3 months and pay fee 1900 thb fee
- Attend classes to ensure Thai ED Visa remains valid.
How to Get a Thai ED Visa in Chiang Mai with SANS
If you are unsure if you have the patience or follow through to get your Thai ED Visa by yourself, consider using SANS Thai Visa Services. A SANS Chiang Mai Visa Agent will take care of everything for you every step of the way.
- Hire a SANS Visa Agent
- Answer a few simple questions
- A SANS Chiang Mai Visa Agent will process your Chiang Mai ED Visa for you
- If you are in Chiang Mai, the SANS Visa Agent will take you to the Chiang Mai Immigration Office and process your ED Visa for you while you wait.
Other Ways SANS Visa Services Can Help
SANS Visa Service Chiang Mai is not limited to Student Visas. We provide solutions for every type of Thai Visa issue. Here are examples of some of our other Visa Services.
- Thai Retirement Visa – Non Immigrant O
- Thai Business Visa – Non Immigrant B
- Thai Marriage Visa – Non Immigrant O
- Thai Guardian Visa – Non Immigrant O
If you would like to contact SANS for Visa Service Chiang Mai, our Visa Agents are ready and waiting to solve all of your Thai Visa issues. If you would like to learn about our other business services in Chiang Mai, we are here to help.